There are various ways to analyse the best performing mutual fund in 2013-14 in India. One way is to look at the fund houses that are most popular in terms of attracting investments. And the other way of analysing the performance is by considering which fund houses have the most well-rate funds in offering.
The gradual growth of Mutual Funds Industry over the past few years
The mutual funds industry has grown manifold in the last few years. It has all happened because of the fact that investors are moving their money more into safer schemes that invest mostly in fixed-income instruments such as corporate bonds and government securities.
Overall growth in during 2013-14
During the fiscal year 2013-14, the total asset base of the entire mutual fund industry has grown by over Rs. 40,000 crore from the last fiscal and has reached Rs 8.6 lakh crore by the end of 2013-14. What is remarkable that ICICI Prudential Mutual Funds has joined the Rs. 1 lakh crore club with a strong growth of about 22 per cent in its asset base.
Below is the list of Best performing Mutual Funds in 2013-14
- HDFC Mutual Funds retains the top position with average AUM (Asset under Management) of Rs. 1.13 lakh crore.
- On the other hand, ICICI Pru MF has entered the list of top performers with industry’s best rate of 22 per cent for the first time ever.
- These two are followed by Reliance Mutual Funds at Rs. 1.03 lakh crore
- Birla Sunlife at Rs. 89,000 crore and
- UTI Mutual Funds at Rs. 74,000 crore in terms of average AUM evaluated in the last quarter of 2013-14.
Above all, the total average AUM of the entire industry of nearly 45 fund houses has fell in 2013-14 as compared to the preceding fiscal year, primarily because of the fiscal-end redemption pressure which certainly is no good news for future of mutual funds in India.