Atal Innovation Mission
The Atal Innovation Mission has launched two consecutive schemes to enhance the incubation centres in India. The first is for the new establishment of the Atal Incubation Centre and the second one is to enhance the productivity of the already established incubation centres in the country. Scale-up Support to Established Incubators scheme is one such initiative taken by the AIM to enhance the structural productivity of the established Incubation Centres across the country. Under the scheme the start up ecosystem will get a new and transformed status as it will lead to enhance the established incubators to the globally competitive level. This scheme is to augment the capacity of the existing incubation centres by providing them adequate funds to reconstruct their infrastructure.
Scale-up support to Established Incubators
Scale-up support to established incubators is a scheme launched by the NITI Aayog under the scheme Atal Innovation Mission. The AIM has the broad objective of supporting the start ups in India. In recent times, a lot of surveys say that most of the start ups are failing even after proper funding and plans. According to the experts there might be some points where these emerging businessmen are failing. Looking at the scenario the AIM has focussed on the technology-driven innovations and incubation centres to establish across the nation to support the new ideas and start ups.
With these incubation centres now the ecosystem of the start ups will get a new height that will be fully prepared to face the global competition. The scale-up support to established incubators is a scheme that will provide necessary support to the already established incubation centres to grow more.
- The scheme is to support the established incubation centres. The financial support given to these established incubators will help them to augment the productivity and capacity of the incubation centres.
- Under this scheme the entity will be given maximum of Rs. 10 crore in two instalments (once in each year) to proceed further for the reconstruction of the incubation centres.
- The scheme is for all the incubation centres in the country irrespective of the field they are from. Like manufacturing, sanitisation, water, health, transport or energy – in any filed the incubators will get the financial assistance from the government under this scheme.
- The scheme will be in action for 6 years. Once the fund will disbursed within the next 6 years the augmentation should be done.
- The established incubation centres under the scheme can re-apply for the further augmentation of the centres during the fixed span of time. That will depend on the application and documents submitted by the applicants.
To apply for the scale-up support to established incubators one must have certain eligibility criteria. The criteria are:
- According to the guidelines of the AIM the legal entities who are registered in India under the private enterprise, public organisation or private and public partnership units are eligible for the scheme. They can apply or reapply for the scheme.
- Another important criteria as per the guidelines of the scheme by AIM is that the legal entity that is applying or reapplying for the scale-up support to established incubators need to be in action for at least 10 long years in India. Entities who are in action for less than that period will not be eligible to apply for the scheme.
How to Apply
To apply for the scale-up support to established incubators one needs to submit the online application form. The application form is available in the official website of the NITI Aayog. You can click on the link http://niti.gov.in/aimapp/index.php and find the tab on the screen noting ‘apply for scale up support for established incubators’. Once you click on the tab you will be redirected to the new applicants’ page where you will find the application form. Also later on you can re-edit the form by clicking on the ‘edit’ button.
The last date of online application submission is 20th July 2016.
- The scheme will provide a certain amount of financial help to the applicants to rebuild the incubators. According to the guidelines of the AIM directorates the amount of Rs. 10 crore will be provided to each applicant for the scaling up of the established incubators.
- The amount of Rs. 10 crore will be given in two consecutive instalments. The instalments will be paid annually, that is after disbursement of one instalment another will be provided a year later.
- The funds will be disbursed only after the approval of the scaling up plans by the applicants. Each applicant must submit the scaling up plans during application process also has to present the plans in detail to the AIM directorates for approval.
- The funding will be made for the time span of six years. Within 6 years of time the entities must have done the reconstruction of the incubators.
Important Terms and Condition
- The application is available online only. There is no provision of offline application form. Delay in application or document submission is not a responsibility of the AIM.
- The cost generated during the application submission and selection process should bear by the applicant only. No financial assistance will be provided to the applicant during selection process.
- The selection will be made on the basis of Key Performance Indicator of the applicant. Also the final presentation of the scaling up plan will be an important element for the selection. The final decision will be made by the AIM directorates and no further clarification or justification will be made for the decision.
- One application is for the one applicant. There is no second option for any applicant to apply again for the same. Each applicant should apply once with single application form.
- Except for the public funded institutions all other institutions must execute a Bond on a non-judicial stamp paper. The bond must be executed before the fund release to the entity.
Scale-up Support to Established Incubators – quick review
|Launched by||AIM by NITI Aayog|
|Last date||20th July 2016|
|Agenda||Augmenting the established incubators for world class performance|
|Funding||10 crores in two annual instalments|
|Time span||6 years|