Atal Incubation Centres | Apply| Key Features | Eligibility | Application Form | Last Date
Establishment of the Atal Incubation Centres is one of the major parts of the Atal Innovation Mission. AIM is going to establish many incubation centres across our country in recent future to support the start ups of the country. In recent past the central government has already launched a scheme for the start ups called Stand Up India where emerging entrepreneurs will be able to receive financial assistance from the government for starting up their business. Now with Atal Incubation Centres the government will give more assistance to the start ups and make them a successful enterprise. Under expert supervision the start up entities can get full support to boost up their business from all directions.
Atal Incubation Centres
Atal Incubation Centres are the support system for the start ups. According to the guidelines of the AIM, the centres will provide proper infrastructure that are necessary to support a start up. The mission focuses on the technology driven innovations that let the AICs to encourage the new technological innovations that are adequate to boost up the new business ideas and start ups.
All the AICs will be established on the basis of different subject related areas. There will be AICs in manufacturing water and sanitisation, energy, transport, health, agriculture and education fields for the establishment of the Atal Incubation Centres across the country. Among all the areas each AIC will have to choose one specific area to establishment of the AIC. Each AIC can choose more than one field too, but minimum one field is required to choose.
- The AICs will be established to support the start ups. They will be providing the adequate and required infrastructure to the start ups to make them become a successful enterprise in future.
- The focus will be given to the technology driven innovations. The infrastructures that will be provided to the start ups will also enhance the new technology and innovations in the country.
- The AICs can be set up in privately funded institutions or in publicly funded institutions or it can also be established in private and public partnership funded institutions. Other companies, technological parks, Research and Development units and individuals and also group of people will be eligible to apply for AICs.
- The funds will be given to the start ups as a grant in aid. The time span of the grant will be maximum 5 years as within this span of time a start up can become a self-reliance entity.
To establish new AICs one needs to apply for it. Under AIM guidelines there are some eligibility criteria that have to be fulfilled. The eligibilities are:
- Public mode, Private mode or Private and Public partnership mode are the three modes under which an AIC can be established.
- Higher education institutes and Research and Development units can also be applied for new AIC establishment. These are called the academic establishment.
- In case of non-academic establishments there are organisations such as technology parks, industrial parks, companies, corporate, individuals or group of people anyone among these can apply for the AIC establishment.
How to Apply
To apply for the AIC establishment one has to submit the application form. The application can be done easily via online mode. Visit the official NITI website http://niti.gov.in/aimapp/index.php . One will find “apply for setting up AIC” tab in the left of the screen. By clicking on the tab one will get two options, whether is it for the industry or for the academic. Choose your desirable option and click on the new application option. After submitting the application you can also review and re-edit the form later and re-submit the form again.
The application form is available in the official website of the NITI Aayog. Click on the following link to get the online application form for individual/ corporate or Academic. http://niti.gov.in/aimapp/index.php this link will lead you to the application form.
The last date of submission of the application form for setting up new AIC is 20th July 2016.
- The funding will be made to the applicants as Grant-in-aid mode. The grant will be paid for the next 5 years as 5 years will be enough for a start up to become self-reliant. The grant will be given once the application will be granted for the establishment.
- Maximum of Rs. 10 crore will be provided to the applicants for the project. The amount will be covered both the capital amount and operational cost. The ratio between the two costs will be decided by the applicants. The entire amount can be allotted to any ratio as per the applicant’s need.
- Maximum of 50% of the total cost will be provided to the applicants for the project. The remaining 50% has to bear by the applicant. The funds will be provided only when the AIM directors approved the application for the AIC establishment.
- The grant will be paid in proportion. The applicant has to submit the budget plan along with the application. Once the budget plan is being approved, the funds will start disbursing. As per the budget plan of the applicants the proportion will be disbursed.
Important Terms and Conditions
- The application will be available in online mode only. No offline forms or request will be granted by the AIM directorates. No organisation grants the offline application form for AIC establishment.
- The applicant should have had at least 10, 000 sq. Ft. Area for 15 years of tenure period for the establishment of the AICs. Any space under this limit will not be granted.
- AIM’s decision in case of approving the applications and budget plans will be final and no clarification or justification will be made afterwards. If the decision does not go with the applicant then that will be final and no other reviews will take place.
- AIM does not mandatorily bind to choose an applicant. They can accept / reject the budget plans or application form at any point of time before releasing the fund.
AICs – At a glance
|Project||Establishment of Atal Incubation Centre|
|Agenda||To enhance the start ups|
|Last date of application||20th July 2016|
|Funding||10 crore (Max)|
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016