APSRTC – Online Ticket Booking, Cancellation, Bus Pass – Everything You Need to Know
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation or APSRTC is one of the most organized bus services in India. Will facilities online booking and cancellation, bus pass and options of advanced reservation, travelling with APSRTC is really fun. Whether you are looking for a simple non-AC bus for budget travelling or whether you are looking for AC sleeper Volvo bus for comfortable and peaceful travelling, APSRTC has every option in its arsenal that can fit in your budget.
Before we move ahead, here is a checklist of information you will find in this article:
- How to book APSRTC bus ticket online?
- How to cancel a ticket online?
- What are the charges for ticket cancellation?
- How to apply for bus pass with APSRTC?
- What are the charges for bus pass with APSRTC?
- How to check status of bus pass application with APSRTC?
Remember that we will be deliberately omitting some information like the available routes, number of buses available on each route, timings for each bus etc. because you can actually find all these stuff while booking your tickets. So, let us begin!
How to book APSRTC bus ticket online?
There are multiple channels that you can opt for. Here are the few most preferred ones:
- Directly from APSRTC website. Click here to land on the website.
- From MakeMyTrip website.
- From AbhiBus website.
We highly recommend MakeMyTrip because of its excellent filtering options. The second choice will be APSRTC’s official booking website and then AbhiBus.
Assuming that you are taking MakeMyTrip as your chosen online portal for online booking, head for the website. Once on the website:
- Select the place from where you want to board the bus from the dropdown menu. This is denoted as ‘Leaving From’.
- Select your destination from the dropdown menu. This is denoted as ‘Going To’.
- Select the date when you want to travel and click on ‘Search for Bus’ button.
Once you enter the primary details, the system will search for the available buses and list all of them. You can then filter out the results based on your preferences like:
- Operator name.
- Type of bus you prefer.
- Preferred departure time like early morning, afternoon, evening or morning etc.
- Preferred arrival time.
- The price you are willing to pay for the ticket.
Once you filter out the options, you need to select a bus from the available options showing on screen. Once you click on Select Bus button, you will be shown the bus layout with available seats, booked seats, ladies seat etc. Then follow the steps:
- Select your preferred seat from the ones that are available. Once you select your seat, you selected option will be highlighted in green color.
- On same screen, you will be asked to select the point from you want to board. The available boarding points are given in a dropdown menu. You need to select from there.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- On the next screen, provide your personal details like name, phone number (mobile number), age, email ID etc. The mandatory fields are marked with a red colored asterisk mark.
- You will have options like taking a travel insurance for a few additional bucks and also to apply promo codes or coupon codes (if you have any).
- Once all details are provided, click on ‘Continue to Payment’ button.
- Finally, pay with available payment options. Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit cards are the basic options you will find.
Once your booking is completed (after paying for the ticket), you will receive one SMS notification that will provide some details about your booking. You will also receive an email that will provide details about your booking as well as the e-ticket that you can download and print.
Booking through APSRTC’s official website and through AbhiBus are not different in terms of steps involved. It is just that, they slightly lack in filtering options. Otherwise, they too have quite a robust booking system that you can rely on.
How to cancel a ticket online?
Okay, this can happen. Your trip may, for some unforeseen reason, get cancelled. In such a case, you can cancel the ticket already booked. However, remember the following things clearly:
- Different operators operate their buses under APSRTC banner. All operators have their individual cancellation policies in place. Once you book a ticket online, the cancellation policy will also be emailed to you for that respective operator along with the e-ticket.
- If you need to cancel a ticket, you need to visit the same website from where you booked your ticket. For example, if you booked your ticket through MakeMyTrip, you need to cancel it through MakeMyTrip. You simply cannot cancel it through official website of APSRTC or through AbhiBus.
Steps for cancellation will be shown to you once you decide to cancel a ticket. However, for APSRTC, you can actually proceed through this link.
Simply enter your ticket number, your UID (provided on your e-ticket) and your mobile number and hit the ‘Search’ button. The ticket details will be shown with cancellation option. Proceed with cancellation and you can see the refundable amount. There are some cancellation charges that you need to bear depending on the time of cancellation.
What are the charges for ticket cancellation?
APSRTC has its own rules for ticket cancellation. All operators under APSRTC follows the same rules when it comes to cancellation charges. Here is a quick table to help you understand the type of charge you need to absorb in case you want to cancel your already booked ticket.
|Time of cancellation||Ticket type||Charges applicable|
|Before 48 hours from the time when journey starts||Confirmed ticket||Service charge & reservation charge will be deducted. The remaining amount will be refunded.|
|Between 48 and 24 hours from the time when journey starts||Confirmed ticket||Service charge & reservation charge along with 10% of base fare will be deducted. The remaining amount will be refunded.|
|Between 24 hours and 2 hours from the time when journey starts||Confirmed ticket||Service charge & reservation charge along with 25% of base fare will be deducted. The remaining amount will be refunded.|
|1 hour before the time when journey starts||Confirmed ticket||Service charge & reservation charge along with 50% of base fare will be deducted. The remaining amount will be refunded.|
In case the ticket was not confirmed, the user can cancel the ticket with only service charge and reservation charge being deducted. The whole fare amount will be refunded. However, the use needs to cancel the ticket within 15 days from the date and time of intended journey.
How to apply for bus pass with APSRTC?
APSRTC offers bus pass for students. These passes are available for:
- Students below and up to SSC.
- Students above SSC.
There are specific requirements that need to be fulfilled while applying for a bus pass with APSRTC. These requirements are summed up below:
- Evening college students are to provide Unemployment Certificate. Institution Head where he or she is studying needs to issue the certificate.
- Boys who are studying in class 7 or below and not above the age of 12 will get bus pass till September 30.
- Girls who are studying in class 10 or below and not above the age of 18 will get bus pass till September 30.
- Students who have not crossed the age of 35 years are eligible for concessional pass (which simply means rebated tickets).
- A scanned passport size photograph will be required. The size of the photograph cannot exceed 50 kb. Proper instructions on how to achieve the desired photo size can be found here.
Procedure for applying for bus pass:
|Students below and up to SSC||Students above SSC|
|Click Here||Click Here|
|Fill in the details of the form properly. All mandatory fields are marked with red colored asterisk.||Fill in the details of the form properly. All mandatory fields are marked with red colored asterisk.|
|The form has 4 sections – details of the student, details of residential address, details of school and details of route.||This form has 5 section. The first section is where the details of SSC are to be provided. The second section is for the details of the student, which is same as the other form. The third section is details for residential address. The fourth section is the current institution details along with course details. Finally, the fifth section is route details.|
|Once all details are furnished properly, hit the Submit button.||Once all details are furnished properly, hit the Submit button.|
|Submitting the form will generate an Application ID.||Submitting the form will generate an Application ID.|
|Copy the Application ID on a notepad or a word document and save it properly.||Copy the application ID on a notepad or a word document and save it properly.|
|Click here and enter the Application ID to generate the submitted application form. The form can now be printed.|
There are several other bus passes available with APSRTC. Some of these are available for general commuters (who are not students), some are meant specifically for government employers and there are some for children for APSRTC employees. Interestingly however, online application for bus passes is available only for Students below and up to SSC and Students above SSC.
What are the charges for bus pass with APSRTC?
Different bus passes have different charges but since we are only covering online application of bus passes, we will consider the charges applicable for Students below and up to SSC and Students above SSC.
Good news is that these passes are made available for free for students below and up to SSC. Put in other words, travelling through APSRTC buses is free for students belonging to these categories. However, there are distance limitations. The maximum distance of travel allowed in case of towns and cities is 22 kilometers and in case of rural areas, the maximum allowed distance is 20 kilometers.
In case of students who are above SSC, that is they are studying in college, the following rates are applicable:
|Slab||Rates for passes in|
|Towns and Cities||Mofussil|
|Up to 4 KM||₹ 130||₹ 85|
|Up to 8 KM||₹ 160||₹ 105|
|Up to 12 KM||₹ 195||₹ 135|
|Up to 18 KM||₹ 225||₹ 180|
|Up to 22 KM||₹ 265||₹ 225|
|Up to 30 KM||Not Applicable||₹ 250|
|Up to 35 KM||Not Applicable||₹ 270|
For students above SSC in cities and towns, only college students are allowed. For Mofussil areas however, the rates are applicable for students studying in high schools, technical institutions, ITIs (state or central government recognized), Cooperative Junior Colleges (unaided), higher educational institutions and colleges. Students who have crossed the age of 12 can apply for the pass.
In case you are willing to know the charges for other passes, follow this link. Complete details of applicable charges eligibility criteria can be found in that link.
How to check status of bus pass application with APSRTC?
In case you have applied for a pass online, you can check the status of the application through this link. All you need to do is provide your mobile number and your date of birth as provided in the application form and hit the Submit button. The current status of the application will show up on the screen.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016