After the date of admission for engineering and other courses ended, government has come with the announcement for the dates for filling online applications for AP EPASS 2014-15 fee refund for fresh students who have just taken admission in their respective course. Under the EPASS scholarship program students will be able to submit online application from November 5, 2014 to November 30, 2014 for the academic session 2014-15.
What is EPASS?
EPASS is abbreviation for Electronic Payment & Application System of Scholarships which is a scheme started by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Under this scholarship, qualified students from SC, ST, BC, PH and EBC (Economically Backward Class) studying in post matriculation courses will get financial aid. Under this scholarship government will bear tuition fee, maintenance charge and/or mess charges. Students studying in colleges recognized by the AP government can apply for the scholarship.
Eligibility for the AP EPASS application 2014-15
- Students from SC and ST whose parents have annual income 2 lacs or less
- Students from BC, EBC and PH category with parental income of 1 lac per annum or less can apply for this scholarship
- Eligibility criteria include at least 75% attendance for the each academic quarter
- However senior secondary students from Economically Backward Category (EBC) are ineligible for applying for this scholarship
According to AP Social Welfare Department students can apply online for the scholarship. Students need to enter only hall ticket number for their higher secondary exam and they can retrieve their data from SSC database.
According to recommendations from AFRC, engineering colleges have to fix their tuition fee from current academic year. Earlier AP government had decided to pay 35000 rupees to each engineering student but after the students’ unwillingness now government has agreed to refund complete fee to 85 colleges; if students complete conditions given below:
- Student has to be from SC or ST category.
- Students who have completed senior secondary study from either government school/colleges or government aided schools/colleges.
- Students from BPL and/or BC and EBC category and have a rank under 10,000 in EAMCET 2014.
Documents Required for AP EPASS Scholarship 2014-15
Documents required to be uploaded online for applying under the AP EPASS Fresh Scholarship 2014-15 are given below:
- SSC Mark-sheet/memo: Mark-sheet or mark statement of qualifying exam, for example higher secondary certificate for the students studying in senior secondary classes and +2 certificates for students studying in their graduation.
- Students who have completed graduation and studying in post graduation need to submit graduation certificate and Transfer Certificate.
- Result of qualifying entrance exam with confirmation of seat allotment
- Caste Certificate or Community Certificate
- Income Certificate granted by Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) on or after August 01, 2014
- Photo copy of the Ration Card
- Bonafide Certificate issued by the Principal
- Scanned Copy of Student Personal bank account
Starting from this year (2014-15) below mentioned documents have been added to the list of required documents:
- Aadhaar Number of Student with Aadhaar Number of his/her Father and Mother
- Mobile number of student to get OTP (One Time Password) for application registration
- Native students of Telangana but enrolled in the institutions of Andhra Pradesh, and students residents of Andhra Pradesh and studying in institutions located in Telangana need to produce Study Certificate or Bonafide Certificate with last seven years academic certificates as well.
Moreover Intermediate students registering in EPASS are required to complete the Online Admission in Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) Portal which will be done by the College Principal.
Students need to submit print out of the complete online application for the EPASS and acknowledgement in their college. However the last date for submitting the printout of the fresh scholarship application at the college has not been declared as of now. Students can log in to EPASS website, to apply for the scholarship. Please follow this link to know your 2013-14 epass application status
You can now Download SBI Clerical Recruitment Exam 2014 Admit Card from this link.