Andhra Implements ePragati; Becomes 1st State to Execute Complete e Governance
There are two states in India which are making news ever since they have been freed apart from each other. The states in this context are Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Andhra Pradesh, has left behind developed states like Karnataka and Gujarat far behind in terms of developmental initiatives. The state has started a first ever state-wide e-Governance framework.
As per the latest news, the state has successfully been able to implement full enterprise level architecture in order to bring all governmental machinery functioning under just one roof. The drive has been given the name of development as e-Pragati, which means Electronic Development. This initiative makes Andhra Pradesh as the first state to do such restructuring work in the state governance.
On the event of the launch, the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh exclaimed that ePragati would not only provide a big leap for the state of Andhra Pradesh, but would also serve as a model for other states to follow the automation services. He also informed that a similar model is already working in several developed countries of the world.
The drive has been a successfully thumbs up due to the support provided by the IT giant of India, Wipro Technologies. The company took around eight months to complete the gigantic project and complete the testing part successfully. The project was previously being worked upon with the name of AP State Enterprise Architecture or APSEA.
Salient Features of e Pragati
- Till now, more than 33 secretariat departments and 300 government agencies have joined the ePragati Platform successfully.
- Through this platform, the citizens of the state would have access to more than 745 government services including G2B, G2C, G2E and G2G.
- A total budget of Rs 2,538 would be supporting the system in which 72 projects are attached to the e-Pragati platform. Out of this funding, Rs 1538 would come from the government and the remaining would be generated out of public-private-partnership.
- The major highlights of ePragati Project are 5 campaigns, 5 grids and 7 missions
- There are some crucial campaigns attached to the project. These include AP Fibre Grid, AP State Data Center, People Hub, Dial AP, mSeva, etc.
- Some of the other components of this project include eLearning platform for children of the state, having an online marketplace for sale of agricultural based products for farmers of the state, APCan to work as an online platform that would assist cancer patients, ePanchayat platform that would connect the village governance to the mainstream state governance, etc.
Last but not the least, such moves are not only going to automate the entire working of the state affairs but would also serve as a medium of governance, which is transparent, quick and leak proof. The implementation of the project would create a system in which there would be free flow of information from one department to the other and thus have a mechanism that is outcome driven and governance that is accountable for all the actions.
- How to pay APCPDCL Electricity bills
- How to pay Telangana Water Bill
- Last Date of CAT 2015
- How can we get GHMC Birth Certificate
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Aadhar Payments App (BHIM) Download and Other Info - January 6, 2017
- 7 Nischay Arthik Hal Yuwaon Bal - January 4, 2017
- A brief about CM Startup Scheme in Himachal Pradesh - December 31, 2016