Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme (DBT) has been aimed by government with the intention of transferring the subsidy into the right hand. DBTL for LPG gas has been its first step. DBTL was started in the Manmohan Singhs’s UPA 2 government but faced a lot of criticism.
Now there has been a lot of confusion created over the Last date of LPG Subsidy. I mean what is the last date by which I could submit my required documents to avail LPG Subsidy in banks.
Last date of LPG Subsidy
31st March 2015 is the last date for LPG Subsidy by which you will have to submit the required documents to your distributor online or offline to avail this scheme. This is the grace period of LPG Subsidy. Since LPG Subsidy scheme has been officially stated from 1st January 2015.
Parking Period of LPG Subsidy
Even if you have missed the deadline of 31st march you have this parking period of 3 more months to complete the formalities. Last date of Parking Period of LPG Subsidy is 30th June 2015. In this period you will not get the LPG Subsidy back in your accounts. But if you are not able to submit your documents by 30th June then this means you have opted for LPG Subsidy Surrender.
At the time of UPA 2 if people wanted to avail the LPG subsidy then they should have had
- Aadhar Card :- This is used as the identity proof of the beneficiary. But since Aadhar Card enrollment was at a very slow speed this turned out to be major bottleneck for LPG Subsidy
- Bank Account: Since the LPG Subsidy has to be directly transferred into beneficiary’s account so having a bank account was a primary requirement. But most of the Indians do not have the luxury of having a bank account.
Now came the Narendra Modi Government and made a modification in DBTL which says that now you do not have to have your Aadhar Card to avail LPG Subsidy. And also the Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme started by the government made sure that every Indian had their own account with Zero Balance facility. Thus the two major bottlenecks were removed and LPG Subsidy scheme got started in 54 pilot districts.
Other Important Articles related to LPG Subsidy
- What is Pahal DBTL Scheme
- Steps to complete LPG Subsidy formalities
- Procedure to get your 17 Digit LPG ID
- How to link your bank account to avail LPG Subsidy
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016