Latest News on 7th Pay Commission in Hindi and English | सातवा वेतन आयोग वेतनश्रेणी
Yesterday brought a pleasant surprise for Central Government employees as Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitely called a press conference to announce that recommendations made by the 7th CPC have been finally accepted. However, that surprise didn’t remain “pleasant” for too long, as you’ll learn in the latest news details given below. Here we’ve tried to bring you all the latest news and announcements from yesterday’s press conference along with reactions that came from federations of government employees after the announcement. Let’s take a look on them:
- Government Employees Resenting the Recommendations: The latest (and probably most shocking) news about the CPC is coming from the side of government employees themselves. In what can be called a major blow to the government, after yesterday’s conference Confederation of Central Government Employees (CCGE) has said that the recommendations approved by cabinet are unacceptable under current economic climate. Moreover, the confederation has also threatened to advance their nationwide indefinite strike by one week if hikes approved by the government are not revised. If that doesnt’ happen, the Central government employees may go on a strike from 4th of July.Now let’s take a look at what was announced at yesterday’s conference that caused this resentment among the employees.
- Overall Hike 23.55% As Suggested by 7th Pay : This is the root cause of current resentment among government employees. Originally commission had recommended an overall hike of 23.55% and basic pay hike of 14.27%. This had attracted the ire of government employees, who had complained that proposed basic pay hike is lowest in 3 decades. The Cabinet, however, has stillapproved thesame overall hike of 23.55%.Remaining part of hikes (some 7.5%) is in form of allowances. The hike in major benefits looks something like this:
|House Rent Allowance||138.71%|
However, now after seeing the response of CCGE it seems like government’s step may backfire at anytime if it doesn’t move from its decision.
- 7th Pay Increments Kept Same: Another disappointment that employees may’ve with 7th CPC is that rate of annual increment has been kept the same at 3%. Once again, this is in-line with commission’s recommendations.
- 7th Pay Minimum and Maximum Pay: As we had heard according to original recommendations of 7th CPC, the minimum pay in new CPC will be Rs. 18,000 per month, which is a 257% increase over current pay of Rs. 7,000 INR.The maximum pay has also been set at Rs. 250,000 per month, as it was recommended by the commission.
- 7th Pay Fitment Factor: The fitment factor of this increase comes down to 2.57, which Finance Minister said will apply to all government jobs. Therefore, you can calculate your salary in 7thCPC by multiplying it to 2.57. As an example, based on this fitment factor the pay for a Class I officer will be Rs. 56,100.
- A New Payment System in 7th Pay (Pay Matrix) : The current system of Pay Bands and Grade Pay is being replaced with a new system of Pay Matrix. Until now status of employees was identified on the basis of their Grade Pay, but now it’ll be done by the levels in Pay Matrix. That, however, shouldn’t make too much of a difference as levels of current Grade Pay system have been subsumed into the new system without adding any new levels. In addition to that separate Pay Matrices have been set up for Defense, Civil and Military Nursing personnel, but FM also told that rationale behind all of these matrices is the same.
- Parity betweenPay Matrices of Defense Personnel and CAPF: The government has tried to bring some parity between Pay Matrices of Defense Personnel and Combined Armed Police Forces (CAPF). In order to do that Index of Rationalization has been increased for Level 13 A (the level of Brigadier) and additional levels have been added to Level 12A and Level 13, which are the levels of Lieutenant Colonel and Colonel respectively.
- 7th Pay New Gratuity Ceiling and House Building Advances: Both Gratuity Ceiling and House Building Advance limit have been raised to the level of Rs. 25 lakh from their current levels of Rs. 10 lakh and Rs. 7.5 lakh respectively. That’s a 250% increase in the ceiling of gratuity and 333% increase in House Rent Advance.
- 7th Pay Steep Hike in Contribution Towards Pension Scheme Declined: This is one step by the government that government employees must appreciate, especially those on the lower levels. In its original recommendation 7th CPC had suggested a steep hike in the contribution towards Central Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS).However, Finance Ministry has decided to ignore this recommendation and continue the current rates of contribution. According to Finance Ministry this will increase the “take home salary” of lower-level employees by Rs. 1470. But at the same time government is also looking for better ways to provide social and financial security to its employees, which brings us to the next point.
- New Group Insurance Scheme: Government services have traditionally been known to provide enough financial and social security to the workers, and that trend will continue.Finance Ministry also told at the event that a new group insurance scheme will be formulated for employees that’ll provide high risk coverage at a low premium.
- 52 Allowances Abolished: While majority of allowances have been increased, 51 of them have also been abolished, mostly the ones that were recommended for abolition by the commission. Aside from that 37 allowances have been merged into other allowances. However, due to this long list of changes in allowance structure that can have far reaching impacts government has also established a committee headed by Finance Secretary to further examine the results of current recommendations. The committee will finish its job within 4 months and will hand over the final report to government. Until that report comes in the hands of government existing allowances will be paid according to current rates.
- Centre Yet to Decide on Payment of Arrears: The government hasn’t yet decided how will it pay the arrears of six months to its employees. They may be paid at once, and they may also be paid in installments. Given the amount of increased burden on the exchequer second option has a higher likelihood, though nothing can be said with certainty.
- Ex-Gratia Lump Sum Compensation for Civil and Defense Personnel Paid to Next of Kin: The government has increased the rates of this “long-named” Current rates of Rs. 10 – Rs. 20 lakh have been raised to the level of Rs. 25 – Rs.45 lakh. A common regime will also be introduced for easier payment of this benefit.
- Leaves Subsumed: In addition to allowances and grade pay levels government has also subsumed some leaves together. Sick Leave, Special Disability Leave and Hospital Leave all have been subsumed together into another category called Work Related Illness and Injury Leave (WRIIL). Full payment and allowances will be provided to employees during the period of their hospitalization for leaves taken under this quota.
- Hardship Related Allowances Retained: Allowances related to hardship have been retailed by the government. These include Transport Allowance (TA), Leave Travel Concession (LTC) and Advance for Medical Treatment.
- Financial Burden: The recommendations of 7th CPC will add an additional burden of Rs. 102,100 crores to the exchequer, Finance Minister Arun Jaitely told the press conference. This represents 0.65% of our GDP. Aside from that amount Rs. 12,133 crore will also be needed from two months of Fiscal Year 2015 – 2016 to pay the arrears of employees.
- Effective from January 1, 2016:And finally, all these recommendations are effective from 1st day of this year.The arrears will also be paid before the end of this year.
In a nutshell, the final recommendations of 7thCPC now look like this:
|Minimum Pay||Rs. 18,000|
|Maximum Pay||Rs. 250,000|
|Pay of Class I Officer Under CPC||Rs. 56,100|
|Grade Pay Equivalent||Pay Matrix|
|Overall Pay Hike||23.55%|
|Basic Pay Hike||16%|
|Rate of Annual Increment||3%|
|New Gratuity Ceiling||Rs. 25 lakh|
|New Ceiling of House Building Advance||Rs. 25 lakh|
|Number of Allowances Abolished||51|
|Number of Allowances Merged/Subsumed||37|
|Other Benefits||New Group Insurance Scheme|
|Financial Burden||Rs. 102,100 crores|
|Effective From||January 1, 2016|
These recommendations sound like a big bag of goodies to everyone, except for government employees. Despite a good dose of benefits, they’re not too satisfied with the recommendations that government has approved. As a result, they’re contemplating large scale protests and strikes across the nation. But Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitely has brushed their threats aside.Recently he said in another dealing with media that salaries of public sector are now significantly higher than those of private sector. If he sticks to his word and doesn’t heed the demands of employees, there’s a good chance that we may see a strike in upcoming days. Therefore, if you’ve any major dealings remaining with any department of Central government(i.e. bank transfers), get them done before 4th of July to avoid any problems.
सातवा वेतन आयोग वेतनश्रेणी
सांतवे वेतन आयोग में की गई सिफ़ारिशो के अनुसार केंद्र ने वेतन में 23.5 फीसदी की वृद्धि की हैं जिसमे 52 भत्तो को हटाया गया हैं जबकि 36 भत्तो को शामिल करने की सिफारिश की गई हैं. वेतन आयोग ने सैलरी में 16 फीसदी, भत्ते में 63 फीसदी, पेंशन में 24 फीसदी की वृद्धि की सिफारिश की हैं साथ ही प्रति वर्ष वेतन में 3 फीसदी की वृद्धि की सिफारिश भी सांतवे वेतन आयोग में शामिल है.अब तक की वेतन प्रणाली के अनुसार वेतन ग्रेड पे एवं पे बैंड पर आधारित थे जिसे हटाकर वेतन प्रणाली में पे मैट्रिक्स को जगह दी गई हैं. सांतवे वेतन आयोग के सैलरी कैलकुलेशन के बाद ही सभी वेतन श्रेणियों में वृद्दि को बताया जा सकता हैं. केंद्र की सिफ़ारिशो के आधार पर न्यूनतम वेतन श्रेणी के कर्मचारियों को कम से कम 18 हजार प्रति माह एवम उच्चतम वेतन श्रेणी के कर्मचारियों 1 लाख 20 हजार प्रति माह के वेतन की सिफारिश की गई हैं.
Latest posts by Pavan (see all)
- Bihar Student Credit Card Loan Scheme | How to Apply | Application Form - October 7, 2016
- Top 5 Places to Avoid Using or Swiping Your Debit Card - October 3, 2016
- Akbar the Great TV Old Doordarshan Serial - September 24, 2016